Please read the following before filling out an application.
- All applications are subject to a full background and credit check. A non-refundable $29 fee is collected when you submit your rental application.
- Renters are required to make a total gross monthly income of 3 times the monthly rent for the property to be approved.
- Renters with previous rental evictions on record will not be approved.
- Credit History: Although our decision is not solely based on credit, credit history should show that the resident has paid bills on time and does not have a history of debt write-offs or collection accounts. Any money owed to a previous landlord or to any utility company is cause for denial. Residency may also be denied due to poor credit history. A less than desirable credit score may be off-set by great rental history and solid income.
- 650-800 = Standard Approval*
- 600-649 = Conditional Approval*
- 530-599 = Possible Denial
- Below 530 = Credit scores below 530 most likely will not be approved
*Other factors may also affect the overall approval decision
- Criminal History: Bannister Properties will perform a nationwide criminal background check. Your approval will be based on the severity and age of any convictions on your record. The application will automatically be denied for any of the following: Felony records that include any violent crime against a person(s) or sexual nature, serious misdemeanors in the last 7 Years, exact name match on the OFAC watch list, name and DOB matches on the registered sex offender database, any drug charge in the last 7 years, persons who have been charged with, convicted or received deferred adjudication for a felony or a misdemeanor involving these crimes.
- Pets/Animals: All pets/animals are subject to property management approval. Pet restrictions apply to breed type and size as well as a non-refundable pet fee of $50 a month per pet. Potentially dangerous breeds such as Akita, American Staffordshire Terrier (Pitt Bull), Chow, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, Shar-pei, Wolf Hybrid, wild, exotic, non-domesticated or dangerous animals are not acceptable. Service or emotional support animals that assist residents with special needs will always be accepted, provided proper documentation is submitted. We follow the Fair Housing Act (FHAct) guidelines regarding reasonable housing accommodation requests for assistance animals. Third-party verifier documentation such as a letter from a medical doctor, social worker, or mental health professional are acceptable example sources of documentation. The documentation must affirm the animal owner has a disability and a disability-related need for the animal.
- Security Deposit: The security deposit is equal to one months rent and it is due, as well as the first month’s rent, when the lease is signed.
- Smoking Policy: All of our properties are non-smoking. The penalty for tenants who violate this rule can be revocation of the deposit and payment of any additional damages. Continued violation of this policy can result in eviction from the property.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us before filling out an application.